Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reading Material

I bought a couple of books from Amazon and they arrived today. I have Kindle software installed on my netbook but since I can't rotate the page orientation, it's a bit hard to read on my 1024 x 600 screen in landscape mode. For now, I'm sticking with books... maybe it's another reason to buy an iPad!


The Hockey Stick Illusion - A.W. Montford

You know a book is controversial when reviews for the book at Amazon are either 5 stars or 1 star, with nothing in between. So far, it's 22:7 positive reviews. Andrew Montford has a blog that I visit occasionally: Bishop Hill.


The Party: The Secret World of China's Communist Rulers - Richard McGregor

I read somewhere that The Party was banned in China. Not sure if that's true or marketing hype; why would they ban English books in China? Of course, Zhao Ziyang or Li Peng's memoirs... those are banned. If I don't finish reading the book by the end of the month, I'm bringing it with me to China as reading material on the plane ride. Since I'm going to Beijing, maybe I can get the book signed by 胡锦涛 or 温家宝.

==========

Hmm, I have existing blog post labels for both books (AGW & China).

No comments: