Monday, March 30, 2009

Desert Pre-run, The Movie



During a smooth section (relative to the rest of the course), Randy decided to floor the accelerator. The track was covered with sand and since we were in 2WD mode, the truck was fishtailing all over the place. At one point, we came pretty close to hitting a piece of wood on the side of the track. I'm not sure how fast we were driving but the V8 engine was growling pretty loud. During a real race, our JeepSpeed should be able to hit 70-80 mph on terrain like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... I wish you were able to get the footage of us going sideways and about to run into the sand berm!!!

Good Times!!!

totochi said...

I wasn't as worried about the sand berm as I was of a large piece of wood sticking out of it. I thought it was going to spear the front tire and give us a flat.