Friday, March 13, 2009

Chengdu Trip #7 - Still in LAX

I guess I should learn to trust the announcements. All night, the PA system in the lounge has been telling us that our Cathay flight is not ready to board. At around 12:30am, I figured that I would walk down to the gate anyway. Since they put us in gate 105 which has a smaller waiting area, it was packed full of people. After a few minutes, an announcement said that due to a delay with the previous flight (Quantas), our plane was just being towed into the gate. Well, after another 15 minutes, they then told us that the crew was on board but the original First Officer is unavailable and it will take another hour to find a replacement. Good thing there is so much slack in my itinerary. Since we have to wait that long, a bunch of people, including me, made the trek back to the oneworld lounge. At least the elevator is fixed now. I want to lie down on the couch but since I already took two NyQuil gelcaps, I'm afraid that I'll fall into a coma and miss my flight.

I guess this shouldn't bother me. I was expecting the flight to take off at 1:50am anyway. :)


Waiting...

No comments: