Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More HDD Space Please

I bought a 1TB external from Costco last year and set up a 780MB partition for downloaded video files. When you click on My Computer in Vista, it shows you a bar under each drive representing space used/free. Well, the bar under my video storage drive just turned red with ~74GB free. I also have ~10GB of movies I downloaded last weekend still sitting on my Sony Vaio, waiting to be copied to the external HDD. I've backed up some stuff on DVDs but the access times are really lame. I think it's time to splurge on a home media server. Since I'm not going to the BEG concert, I guess I can take the ~$400 I "saved" and put it towards this or this.

It's not just storage... this way I can turn off my Sony Vaio when I'm not using it instead of having it act as the server for my external HDD.

No comments: