Thursday, April 22, 2010

10 Years

I got a new badge at work yesterday. This one has a 10 year graphic in the top right corner. I actually started work in January of 2000 but they only hand them out once per quarter. We started using picture IDs a few months after I started so the badge photo is from 10 years ago. I looked much younger, had more hair, and I still have the same shirt that I wore in the photo.

I'm also supposed to get a plaque or something during a department meeting in May... more worthless memorabilia I guess. What am I supposed to do with all this stuff when I quit or get fired? They are going to have a lunch for me and my manager asked me to choose who I want to invite. I ended up with only people that worked for me or worked in the same group at the same time. It was like coming up with the guest list for a wedding reception. I wanted to invite my manager for 7 out of the 10 years but he's now the CFO at a competitor so I guess that wouldn't go over too well... though I think everyone else I invited would be happy to see him.

==========

I really didn't want the new badge since I'm the only one hired 10 years ago with a MBA that has not been promoted to a director title. It's just another reminder that I'm stuck.

==========

I should stop whining and go to work.

No comments: