Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chengdu Trip #5: Home

I finally got home last night around midnight which isn't too bad considering how long it usually takes to get out of Bradley terminal at LAX. We had to deplane at the remote terminal again and take a bus to the main terminal; usually this means all the gates are full and therefore a long line at U.S. immigration. In addition, they were having problems with the jetway to our plane so we were stuck on the plane for an additonal 15 minutes. I thought we would have to walk off the plane onto the runway; not even sure if that is possible in a 747 since the doors are so high off the ground.

Maybe someone read all my complaints about coming back to the U.S. through LAX (ok, probably not), but there were more lines open and more immigration agents. It only took ~5 minutes in line for my 15 second interview, and my luggage was already out. Anyway, Leon picked me up with my 4Runner, and I drove home from his house.

I'm really glad to be home this time, with all my stomach problems, sprained ankle, and the threat of aftershocks (even though I joke about being from California). One week every three months seems to be my limit... :(

1 comment:

ocgal22 said...

Glad you made it home in one piece (relatively speaking).