Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What financial crisis?!

Guardian.UK Article
President Barack Obama's inauguration next week is set to be the most expensive ever, predicted to reach over $150m (£102m). This dwarfs the $42.3m spent on George Bush's inauguration in 2005 and the $33m spent on Bill Clinton's in 1993.

Part of the spending includes emergency funding announced by the White House on Tuesday to help with the soaring costs. Most of this new federal funding will be to deal with the huge influx of people, estimated 1.5 million to 2 million.

Wait, I thought we're in a huge financial crisis requiring billions (or trillions) of government bailout money. I remember hearing about the $40M for Bush's inauguration and thought it was a total waste. At least the economy was okay back in 2005. Once again, as with much of government spending, I get zero benefit from my tax dollars. Obama is not even president yet and he's already "redistributing" my wealth. Also, I hear stories about Americans losing their homes and not having enough money for meat. Who are all these people traveling to Washington D.C.? The "rich" people making >$250k?

Hope! Change! Yeah right...

No comments: