Friday, January 30, 2009

Victory Concert

Arg! I can't believe it. For someone that doesn't understand Korean, I listen to a lot of K-pop. Among the artists/groups I like, three of my favorite will be at a concert in Los Angeles on March 21, 2009. The only problem is that I'm going to be China that weekend. :(

So far, the list of artist include:


Baek Ji Young (백지영)


Jewelry (쥬얼리)
(Park Jung Ah is the one sitting)


Clazziquai (클래지콰이)
(Korean-Canadians!)

Plus some other people (Tae Jin Ah, Lee Eun Mi, SS501, Wheesung, Kim Gun Mo)...

I think I have the entire discography for the first three artists/groups listed above. Unlike a lot of other K-pop groups, they can really sing. I've even purchased CDs from Yesasia for Baek Ji Young and Park Jung Ah (from Jewelry). In fact, the MC's for the concert will be Park Jung Ah and Alex Chu (from Clazziquai). It sucks that I already bought my airplane tickets for Chengdu. I checked my itinerary and it will cost $200 to change my flight dates; that's a bit expensive so I won't do it. If I had known about this concert beforehand, I probably would have changed my China trip dates.

The 7th Annual Korean Times Music Festival is on May 9th and SNSD (Girl's Generation) is going to perform. Maybe I'll go to that. They don't sing as well but they're pretty cute... though I'm old enough to be their father(s).



Music Videos:


Park Jung Ah (yeah, kick his ass!)


Clazzquai (the rap in the middle is by Tablo who has a graduate degree from Stanford)


Baek Ji Young

No comments: