Monday, January 26, 2009

First 2009 China Trip

I just booked my ticket with Cathay Pacific for mid-March. Since I went with the cheap fare, I had to join Marco Polo Club in order to track my miles for oneworld status. If I make 4 trips to China again this year, then I should have the 60k miles needed to maintain my Sapphire status in 2010. This only requires 50k miles on American but if I can't transfer miles from CP to AA, there's no way I'll get that many miles flying to Toronto and Portland. I'm bummed that Marco Polo Club costs $50/year though. I'm also not flying with Leon (our schedules are off by a few days) so I have to slum it out in the business class lounge (instead of first class) at HKG airport.


747 + 777. This has to be CG or photoshopped. I don't think jumbo jets are allowed to fly this close.

From the online booking site, it looks like the flight from LAX to HKG will be on a 777-300ER. I've never been on a Cathay Pacific 777 before; I'm hoping it's nicer than their old and worn 747's. I read that Cathay Pacific has no current plans to purchase either the Airbus A380 or the Boeing 787 Dreamliner so it looks like older planes on their LAX-HKG route for the near future.


Awesome!

No comments: