Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"High Speed" Internet



I ran a speed test on the Internet connection at the hotel since a Skype video call to China connected very poorly. At 400 kbps, it's hardly a "high speed" Internet connection. I'm getting about 10+ Mbps at home with my RoadRunner cable model connection. The interesting thing about the results is that the upload speed is almost 3x the download speed; it's usually the other way around. Maybe my video signal was getting to China without any problems and the limiting factor was my download speed. Oh well, at least it's free (included in the room charge). I had to pay an extra $8/day last time at the Sheraton.

==========

I just ran it again and it's twice as fast. Maybe everyone has gone to bed. The weird speed difference between upload and download speed is still the same.

No comments: