Sunday, November 23, 2008

Friends and Family Day

Today was a day spent with family and friends. I drove to Oakville this morning to have lunch with my parents. I had a craving for a Chinese breakfast and my parents said there was a new restaurant in Mississauga called 油条大王. However, it turned out to be a Cantonese place so they eat their fried dough with congee instead with soymilk like in Taiwan. :(

After lunch, we went to visit uncle Charles in Mississauga. Auntie Amy (his wife) passed away in September. After that, we went back to my parent's house for me to do laundry. I felt like I was in college again, coming home on weekends to do laundry and pick up food.

Later in the afternoon, I drove to my friend's house to watch football. This is someone I met in the sixth grade and we went to school together for the next six years, until I moved to the U.S. Other than family members, I think I knew Cyrus the longest (~30 years). We watched most of the Giants vs. Cardinals game then switched to the Grey Cup (Canadian Football League championships). The game was between the Calgary Stampeders and Montreal Alluettes. Nobody really watches the CFL, even in Canada. There are only eight teams in the entire league. BTW, Calgary won.

No comments: