Sunday, February 28, 2010

Off-Road Swap Meet, Again

I woke up this morning at 2:30am(!) to go to the Curt Leduc Off-road Swap Meet out in Cabazon with Randy and his friend Steve. We went to this event last year as well; we spent the night last time sleeping in Randy's truck... it was really really cold. This year, we decided just to get there early on Sunday instead of camping out... I wasn't going to do that again.

We got there a little after 5am and the sky was still dark.

Looking north, the San Bernardino mountains were covered with snow from the rainstorms on Saturday.

I didn't take as many pictures this time because I was carrying the big Sony camera instead of my point-and-shoot (my parents took it to Canada) and it was very much the same as last year... a lot of the same people with a lot of the same junk. We didn't get anything again since our shocks need to be custom made so they're hard to find at a swap meet. Randy's friend Steve, who is building his 5th JeepSpeed truck, did buy a bunch of stuff and filled up my 4Runner. We haven't done much to our truck yet so I doubt we will be able to enter any races this year.

No comments: