Friday, February 26, 2010

Apple Magic Mouse

I'm a bit disappointed in the Apple Magic Mouse I bought earlier. This is the mouse that has a "touchpad" on the top of the mouse to detect different mouse clicks and scrolling/swiping motions. The "magic" stuff actually works okay... it's the regular mouse functions that suck. The tracking (mouse movement vs. pointer movement) is really bad, almost like the Bluetooth signal is too weak. The pointer skips and moves sluggishly and I'm only ~12 inches from my Mac mini. I have a Microsoft BT mouse on my netbook and I can use it almost 5 feet away perfectly. I don't know if the problem is with the computer or with the mouse itself. I'm using Apple's BT keyboard and there are no issues. Maybe I'll try the Magic Mouse on my BT PC's and see how it works though I'll lose the secondary "magic" functions.

Sigh... and I upgraded to Snow Leopard mainly for this too. Firefox does crash a lot less with OS 10.6, though not sure if the fix was Firefox 3.6 or the OS upgrade.

No comments: