Monday, June 16, 2008

Vista Incompatibility

First casualty of Windows Vista: Star Wars Battlefront II. I tried using the WinXP compatibility option but it still keeps crashing. Maybe it's the crappy Intel video on the new computer; it kept warning me about missing "TnL" or something.

OTOH, I installed Quicken Deluxe 2002 and it seems to be working. I'm going to try Diablo II next.

==========

I just tried Age of Empires III and it also gave me a compatibility warning. I ran it anyway and it was really slow, especially the 3D screen refresh. It didn't run that fast on my Dell and it had a 256MB nVidia graphics chip. At this point, I'm not sure if it's Vista or the built in Intel X3100 video chip. I wonder if MAME32 (arcade emulator) will run? At least I can play Ms. Pacman.

No comments: