Friday, June 27, 2008

Hunger

Growing up in large cities (Taipei, Toronto, Los Angeles), I've never experienced hunger before. There's always enough money and restaurants/stores to get food. However, for the past 4 days, I've eaten pretty much nothing. Long story short, my leg is still hurting and my doctor gave me a prescription for vicodin. One of the side effects is vomiting and that's what happened Tuesday morning. Like I mentioned when I got sick in China, the last time I threw up was back in 1986 so this is not a normal experience for me. Since then, I've had a bowl of porridge and a package of instant noodle. I was going to stop taking the painkiller but I wimped out; my leg was hurting too much.

I've been feeling nauseous for a few days. Not sure if it's from the drugs or from not eating (no eat = no puke). If this is what hunger feels like, I can't imagine feeling like this everyday. :(

No comments: