Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Boston, Part 2

It's ~midnight in Boston and I'm sitting in the hotel lobby with my laptop. The Internet connection in my room expired so I came downstairs to use the free wifi available in the lobby (but not in the room); I was too cheap to pay another $10 since I'm checking out in about 4 hours. I got an email from my real boss (not Leon) to check numbers on some slides so I need to download some large Excel source files from our server and it's taking forever.

The presentation at the conference went fairly well today. I was a bit nervous since it's been 20+ years since my only Material Science class at UCLA. Thankfully, I didn't get any questions during the session although several people came to talk to me afterward. Risking my life, I went back to the food court at the Prudential Center to get dinner. There are lots of good restaurants but I didn't feel like spending $40 to eat by myself. Meals at the food court are not cheap; it's costing me about $10 with a soft drink. For RMB70, I can probably feed a family of 4 for a week.

Tomorrow is going to be another long travel day. My flight from Boston leaves at 6am so I have to get up at 4am (1am Pacific time). It's about 2.5 hours to Chicago and another 4 hours to John Wayne. Since I'm out of vacation days, I'm going straight from the airport back to work.

No comments: