Friday, June 13, 2008

Sony VAIO

My new computer was delivered to work today. I've been pretty happy with it so far except for all the extra pre-installed software that I don't want. I ended up uninstalling trial versions of Microsoft Office 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional along with Microsoft Works. I also got rid of a spyware blocker that doesn't work with Vista and Norton 360. In it's place, I installed Norton Anti-Virus from work that allows for unlimited updates.

Vista is okay so far. Applications are crashing at about the same rate as WinXP and I spent the first couple of hours dealing with patches and updates. Looking at the labels on the box, the computer was made in China, shipped to a Sony warehouse in Carson (California), shipped to Amazon.com warehouse in Lexington (Kentucky), then shipped to my work in Irvine (California). Too bad I can't collect frequent flyer miles on the computer. :)

No comments: