Monday, April 9, 2012

More Imperial Hill

Since I had to stop by work this afternoon (Sunday), I decided to go to Imperial Hill in El Segundo to look at planes for awhile. I brought my Sony a55 + the Tamron 75-300mm zoom lens. The lens is not all that great; at full zoom, it can only shoot down to f/5.6. Still, I think it's a wider than my 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 lens that costs ~3x as much.

None of the photos are all that exciting or even new. Here are some of the better ones:


British Airways 747 - I saw this take off as soon as I got out of my car.


Quickly followed by this Polar Air 747. It's a cargo freighter and by the new paingjob, it looks like Polar was recently acquired by DHL.


Since Terminal 1 is on the other side of the airport, hardly any Southwest flights use the south runway.


The Southwest flight was quickly followed by an U.S. Airways flight which also typically land on the north runways.


Smoggy wide-angle view of LAX


This plane landed on the other side of the airport and taxied over to the south side. I couldn't tell what it was from far away but through the camera, I saw the SkyTeam markings. It wasn't until I review the photo that I saw the small China Southern markings.


Take off next to LAX control tower


There sure are a lot of Alaska Airlines flights in/out of LAX


Air France Boeing 777


Lufthansa (or as Leon calls them, Luftwaffe) Airbus A340

No comments: