Thursday, December 11, 2008

Staffing Loss

I'm losing my one (and only) staff soon. She is moving back to Thailand to work for her father. We hired her about 18 months ago, right after she graduated from the MBA program at UCLA/Andersen. She was a really good analyst; it's going to be a big loss for me and for the company. I hope she gained some useful experience to bring back to Thailand.

Since there's a hiring freeze, I'm not 100% sure that I will get a backfill. My manager spoke with the VP of Finance and we're allowed to open up a requisition. I think the goal is to hire someone internally to fill the position; I came up with a short list of potential candidates, most of them are ~24 years old. However, there's no guarantee that the other manager will be able to backfill. If not, I'll probably end up making an enemy somewhere in the finance department for stealing their resource.

No comments: