Sunday, December 14, 2008

Playstation 3

For some reason, the PS3 is the same price in Canada as it is in the US (~$400). With the recent drop in the exchange rate, it's cheaper to buy the console in Canada, even after adding all the different taxes. I stopped by a Future Shop on the way to my parent's house and bought the 80GB system plus two games: Metal Gear Solid 4 and Fallout 3. The total, with tax, came out to CAD$543 which is about $435 US. The same stuff would have cost me ~$500 on Amazon. Now I just have to carry it back home on two flights this Thursday.

==========

I went to Best Buy in Markham and bought one more game: Resistance 2. It was only CAD$50 so it's cheaper than buying it in the US. All three games are rated "M" so I had to enter my birth date on all the websites. I wonder how many 40 year old gamers there are.

==========

Looking to buy three more games: Little Big Planet, GTA IV, and Gran Turismo 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to consider Guitar Hero or Rock Band...That's going to be the new Karaoke! Lot's of fun when friends come over!

totochi said...

Ha ha, I have a DVD/Karaoke player but all I have are Chinese songs.

Rock Band looks like too much work.