Sunday, January 24, 2010

New House

My parents cleared out their apartment last night and I have only have one SUV-load of stuff left. I've been stopping by the apartment each day after work to move the small miscellaneous stuff in my car, sometimes using the Z which only carries about 3 boxes. You don't realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it. I said I would throw things out last time I moved but I still have boxes that were unopened during the 4 years I lived at the apartment. I probably should have just tossed the entire box. Between my parents and me, there are enough boxes to fill a 3-car garage. One of the spots is too small to fit any of our cars but my goal is to clear up the other two spots my end of March. My sister is coming down with her family in about a week. She's good at throwing stuff away so maybe we'll be done sooner.

Moving day pictures:


Boxes (and more boxes) stacked up waiting for the movers.


Moving truck... I don't think either of the "Two Brothers" showed up.


Steve (if that's his real name) moving my dining room set. I think he's the one that stole our lotion and Korean plum wine.


Following the moving truck on the 55 freeway. They suddenly pulled of at McFadden to get lunch without first telling me. I was behind the truck but missed the exit. Thinking something was wrong, I got off at the next exit and circled back to find them.

No comments: