Monday, January 18, 2010

Moving and Movers

I hate moving. It means I either have to clean up and pack what I want to move, or dump everything into boxes to sort out later. I've usually done the latter so I have a few boxes of stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Anyway, the main part of our move happened yesterday. I called a moving company and they moved all of the furniture and about 95% of my stuff; there are just some leftover crap at my apartment. We got lucky yesterday; it started raining just as the movers brought in the last box. The entire move for loading both apartments, driving to the new house, and unloading everything (mostly into the garage) took ~6 hours. With tip, we spent about $700. The movers were pretty good except I'm 99.9% sure they stole a bottle of Aveeno hand lotion from our new house. Strange. I'm also missing a bottle of Korean wine that I put into an open crate that morning. The two items are small and cheap but now I'm worried what other stuff is missing.

No comments: