Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Warning

My current boss, who was my ex-boss a few years ago, got a call from my ex-company's CFO. It was a courtesy call but basically he wanted us to stop recruiting at Broadcom. Other than me, there is one more financial analyst starting in a few weeks; coincidentally, my current boss and I recruited her from USC about 5 years ago.

I was ready to quit anyway so it really shouldn't count. Since I still have some vested options, my first thought was that he (Broadcom's CFO) should hang up the phone and work on raising the stock price. Since I was there for so long and recruited a lot of the current analysts, I know morale in finance is really low. It doesn't take much to get people interested in a new opportunity. Maybe they should fix their problems so people want to stay...

No comments: