Friday, December 18, 2009

Gran Turismo 5 Contest

Gran Turismo is the king of racing simulations on the Sony PlayStation. I have GT3 A-spec and GT4 on my PS2 and GT5 Prologue on my PS3. The full version of GT5 for PS3 is still not released yet but Sony released the Prologue version with limited cars and tracks. Starting yesterday, they also released a demo called GT5 Time Trial Challenge.

It's really a demo and a contest rolled into one. There are only two cars (stock and tuned versions of the Nissan 370Z) and one track (Indy road course). The player with the lowest combined time trial for both cars wins a trip to the Indy 500 next May.



I downloaded the demo/contest last night and tried it out. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel designed specifically for GT5 and I own a 2004 Nissan 350Z in real life. Of course, none of that really helps. I kept spinning out in the tuned version of the car and only managed ~2:00 lap time using the stock 370Z. If you go online, you can see the rankings. The current leader has a stock car lap time of 1:48.428 which is only 12 seconds faster than my time. However, my ranking is #7418 and I haven't even completed a lap in the tuned car. Last night, my rank was #3271... I guess I'd better go home and practice. The contest ends on 1/25/2010 so I still have time. :)


Interview that I ripped from the Gran Turismo site. I think everyone know who Jay Leno is. Here's more on Audrey Cleo from her blog.

==========

Heh. I managed to complete a lap without wiping out in the tuned 370Z. I think my time was ~1:48 something which gives me a combined ranking of... #14687. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

probably the winner will be a taxi cab driver from China. if he can't get the visa; you can go for him.