Sunday, August 31, 2008

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone


Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Since we're talking about animation, it looks like Neon Genesis Evangelion is being re-released; I just downloaded 1.0 from Veoh. I bought the original series on DVD plus the two alternative endings. It was much different than I anticipated. The series started out great with huge robots (or something) and stuff blowing up but eventually became a bunch of psycho-babble and weird religions symbolism. Anyway, it appears they are going to compress the entire series of 26 TV episodes down to three movies plus a new ending (third attempt). I'm interested to see if they changed any of the story but I probably won't go out any buy it again after spending $100+ on the original series.



No comments: