Friday, April 1, 2011

New Computer (again)

OK, it hasn't arrived yet. Actually, I have to go an pick it up in Baldwin Hills (near City of Industry), hopefully next week. A co-worker convinced me to get a desktop so we can play online games. All of my current computers (all notebooks) are too slow, mainly due to the video card (or lack of one).

Specifications:
CPU - Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz
Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6870
RAM - 4GB
HDD1 - 30GB SSD
HDD2 - 2TB
Optical - Samsung Blu-ray DVD player

That's about it. I'm going with the onboard sound chip and I haven't bought a new monitor yet. The price after tax and discounts was ~$1111. I'm thinking of buying the 27" ViewSonic monitor which will cost ~$320. All this just to play games... now I need to find somewhere to put my Sony Vaio, which is still pretty fast for a notebook.

1 comment:

hogsman said...

your next computer purchase: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/04/commodore-64-is-back-with-hdmi-out-intel-atom-chip-blu-ray.html