Tuesday, June 29, 2010

American Express Daily Wish

I get a lot of junk mail, even from "real" companies. I usually delete them but I saw something from American Express that mentions Cathay Pacific. The link took me to the Daily Wish website where they sell a limited quantity of merchandise but you have to use your AmEx card. Anyway, I was clicking around and saw this:



At first I thought it said $20,000 which is a 20% discount, meh... then I looked again closely and it says $2,000! Wow... $2,000 for first class round trip tickets from LAX/SFO/JFK to HKG. I'd totally pay that, even for business class. The only problem is that there are only two tickets. At $25,000+, there's probably not that much demand so they may as well give some away. I usually go to either Chengdu or Beijing and economy tickets cost from $1,000 to $1,500. Even if I get these tickets, I would still have to pay for the HKG to PEK/CTU tickets but I think it's worth it. It's about 28 hours for a round trip flight from LAX to HKG and I can never sleep in economy class seats.

I just need to be the first online and click fast!

==========

The rules say these are regular first class tickets which means you can change the date/flight for free as long as you travel before Dec 31, 2010. You can also apply your miles to AAdvantage. For first class, you get 2x the mileage so this flight will get you ~30,000 miles or a free domestic/Canada round trip ticket on AA.

==========

Too bad it's not first class on an Emirates Airlines A380. There you get to take a shower. What a waste of fuel; they have to carry all that water on-board... unless they're recycling the water, in which case I want to shower first.

1 comment:

hogsman said...

i've tried for the daily wish items several times and have only been able to snag one of them (a trader joe's gift card). hope you get one of the seats.