Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dinner and Whine

Having to eat dinner every night is a drag. I found myself driving around aimlessly tonight looking for dinner. I would think of some place to get food then quickly reject it. After about 30 minutes, I ended up at the In-N-Out in Santa Ana. I find myself spending all my time either at work or at home sitting in front of a computer, or out driving around looking for something to eat. :(

I had lunch with my previous manager today; he's the CFO at a different company now. Talking to him over lunch, I realized how indifferent I am with my current job. I also realized that out of the several MBA level analysts that started around the same time as me, I'm the only one that has not been promoted to director level and I have no idea if it will ever happen. I actually don't care anymore but I'd like to know the criteria on which these decisions are made. I spend a lot of time mentoring my staff and helping other people in the finance organization. Perhaps that's not as valuable as "talking constantly in meetings to gain visibility with senior management" anymore...

No comments: