Monday, April 20, 2009

阿桑

Occasionally, I go to either 搜狗 or 百度 to check out the latest Chinese pop music. I don't visit too often because both sites are in simplified Chinese and it's really hard for me to understand. Anyway, i was checking out the Top 500 Songs on Baidu and noticed that a singer named 阿桑 was in 2nd, 4th, 12th, and 13th position and I've never heard of her before. I downloaded a few MP3's and saw that she only released two albums back in 2003 and 2005... kinda odd to be still ranked so high.



The few songs I downloaded were really good so I wanted to find out more about about this singer. Since I put in her Chinese name in the search box, all the results were in Chinese. I finally found some information on Chinese Wikipedia (traditional Chinese). Scanning the article, I saw the sad news that she passed away in Taiwan less than two weeks ago due to breast cancer... she was only 34 years old. :(

No comments: