Saturday, August 25, 2007

Home

I just woke up after sleeping for about 12 hours straight. I guess I'm still on China time since it's about 7am in Chengdu. Time to find some food...

The flight back from Hong Kong was about 12 1/2 hours and it sucked. Even the movie selection sucked; I ended up watching Spiderman 3 twice and not much else. Leon got a free upgrade to business class and offered to trade with me. I've been in Cathay Pacific's business class and it's pretty nice. I don't really care about the food but the seat is much more comfortable since it's wider and folds down almost-flat. However, I usually can't sleep on airplanes, even in business class, so Leon may as well enjoy it. The guy next to me in economy was kind of strange. He slept most of the way with a blanket over his head and when he was awake, he kept asking for food and drinks. He was also coughing all the time. Not a quiet polite cough, but full-on TB-like hacking. Sigh... I hope it wasn't infectious.

As usual, getting through Customs took forever. We landed at the farthest gate at Bradley (at least we didn't deplane in the middle of nowhere and take a bus) and the lines were huge at immigration/border control/whatever. It look me about 40 minutes to get to the counter and then less than 10 seconds to get through; I don't know what takes everyone else so long if they're US citizens coming back to the U.S.

No comments: