Saturday, August 25, 2007

Conflict of Interest

Recently, they made us watch a bunch of training videos at work from HR and Legal. One of the topic was on conflict of interest and moonlighting. Just so there's no misunderstanding, I contacted our corporate compliance officer and let him know about helping Leon and PMI with some finance stuff. I thought it was no big deal since I'm only helping out on weekends and the supply chain/products are completely different. So after filling out forms, emails to the CEO and CFO, and several discussions with legal, they put a bunch of restrictions on what I can and can't do. Broadcom was pretty adamant about me not being an employee of PMI and having a title, even though I'm not being paid. I know that our new CFO is on the Board of Directors for several other companies and he gets paid! We even had to reschedule our meetings so he can attend BoD meetings in other countries.

Oh well, it looks PMI won't be able to afford a U.S. staff for awhile anyhow.

No comments: