Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Haneda Again

Hmm, I think I've been to Haneda Airport before. My mom said when we left Taiwan in 1977, we took China Airlines to Tokyo, then Japan Airlines to Vancouver, and finally Canadian Pacific Airways (no more) to Toronto. I read that Narita did not handle international flights until 1978, and China AIrlines continued to use Haneda until 2002. The only other time I transited through Tokyo was in 1998 when I went to Beijing (for the first time) with PESI but that was through Narita (United Airlines).

I remember the layover in 1977 was ~7 hours and I was fascinated with the moving walkways.

Anyway, now that I've been checking out Tokyo on Google Street View, looking at the route from the train station to Tokyo Tower (and any visible soaplands), I feel like I've been there already and don't need to physically go. :)

No comments: