Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009

Another year, another fantasy football season. Once again, I'm signed up for the same two leagues I've been in for the past several years. They're both hosted on Yahoo: one is free, organized by one of Kev's friends from UCR, and the other cost $65, organized by a co-worker. Since (some) money is involved, the money league participants are a bit more serious than the free league. There is going to be a live draft in a few days but it's at the same time as my Hong Kong to Beijing flight. Looks like I'm auto-drafting again. I did get an email today telling me that I "won" the draft lottery and have first pick. Looking at a few sports websites, I think the overwhelming first pick choice is Adrian Peterson of the Vikings. With 14 people in the league, after pick #1, my next picks are #28 and #29. By then, you are into the 2nd tier of players so the computer's pick is probably as good as mine. I think this is the 2nd time I got first pick in this league; last time (a few years ago), I chose Larry Johnson and he was just mediocre.

No comments: