Saturday, December 24, 2005

Statues

More pictures from Taiwan. My flight back to LA was at midnight but I had to check out of the hotel at noon so I had about 10 hours to wander around Taipei. I got on the MRT without a destination in mind and decided to get off at the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall station. We used to live fairly close to the hall (just two MRT stations away--of course this was way before they built the MRT in Taipei) and I remember my dad bringing me here several times.


National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
(with Taipei 101 in the background)


Sun Yat-sen

After walking around Ximen, I stopped by the CKS Memorial Hall. Even though CKS died before we left Taiwan, I don't think this hall was built until later. I do remember my dad bringing me to see his body though. I think we got in the short line because my dad was in the military.


Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall


Chiang Kai-shek

No comments: