Monday, December 19, 2005

Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Here are some photos from my U.S. Citizenship Oath Ceremony at the LA Convention Center on December 9th. The letter told me to be there at 8am so I had to leave the house at 6am so I wouldn't be late. The line was huge and it took about 1.5 hours to get everyone seated. The actual "swearing" part took 3 minutes but we had to listen to people speak, watch a video message from President Bush, and some other stuff. It also took about an hour to exit the room since we had to line up to get our citizenship certificate. As soon as you walk in the door, they take your green card. Since I turned in my citizenship certificate to get a U.S. Passport, I have no proof that I'm here legally. I was planning to visit Vancouver during our Portland trip but I have no documents to get me back into the U.S. I guess can always risk using my Canadian Passport to get back.


Rows and rows of chairs (4,071 people took the oath that day)


They gave us little plastic flags to wave

1 comment:

ocgal22 said...

Congrats!! Welcome to the club!