Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Hate iTunes

So after listening to the song below (I Choose To Love You) by Hyorin, I want to buy it. The YouTube video lists two places: iTunes and Melon. Melon is a Korean website and everyone knows about iTunes Store. The only problem with iTunes is that songs are encoded by AAC with DRM, which means I can only play it on Apple devices after authorizing, syncing, and all that other control-freak steps Apple makes you do. Even though iTunes Store is convenient, I've been buying music on Amazon since it comes in MP3 format. Of course, I can always burn a CD with iTunes with protected songs then rip MP3 files... but why bother when I can buy MP3s directly?

Anyway, as a previous owner of a Apple II+ and a Mac Plus, I love Apple products but hate their management.

==========

Song is not available on Amazon so I may have to suck it up and buy it from iTunes. Can't figure out how to buy stuff from the Melon site.

No comments: