Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beijing Trip - Beijing Day 7

This morning, we went to the DreamArts Center again for morning worship and devotion, followed by a quick group art therapy session. Today is more of a free day so people were planning on shopping or playing basketball this afternoon. I finally managed to reach my friend at Google here in Beijing so I left early to have lunch with him. Google is pretty far from Wangjing; I had to take a taxi to a subway station (RMB13) then ride the subway to Tsinghua University. The trip took about 45 minutes, mainly because I went the wrong way on the yellow line from Wangjing West station (north).


The north loop of the yellow line is actually much longer than it appears on the stylized map. It took me about 40 minutes to go 8 stations.


The first building you see walking up to the Tsinghua Science Park is Microsoft. There are a lot of hi-tech companies with offices here.


Google lawn sign in front of their building


Visitor pass


Free lunch at the Google cafeteria. There were a lot of people and the food was so so.


Broadcom has a small office in the Tsinghua Science Park. I walked around until I found Innovation Plaza. On the 2nd floor was a sales office with several offices and cubicles. I got there around 1pm and no one was there except a few engineers in the lab.


Broadcom lab on the 2nd floor. There were also more cubicles and labs on the 1st and 4th floor.


Wow, someone actually enforcing parking rules in China. This was at the main entrance to the Tsinghua Science Park.


View from Wudaokao subway station towards Tsinghua University. On the way home, I took the subway the other direction which took much less time.

Tonight's agenda is a farewell dinner with the DreamArts staff since we're leaving this weekend and KTV after dinner. Maybe those two Chinese songs I learned will come in handy again.

No comments: