Sunday, January 6, 2008

Doraemon



A friend in China told me about TVKoo which allows you to watch "TV Channels" online. It's mostly Chinese language news and TV shows; I think it streams from Chengdu. One of the channels is showing cartoon episodes of Doraemon dubbed in Chinese (from CTS in Taiwan). It was originally a Japanese manga that ran from 1969 to 1996. I remember reading the Chinese translated version while growing up in Taiwan (a long time ago). I've been watching the channel on-and-off for about two weeks and I haven't seen any repeat episodes yet; each one is only 5 to 10 minutes. Evidently there are over a thousand episode, not sure if they're all digitized on some server in China.

My friend mostly watches a variety show from Taiwan and WWE. I had to explain that WWE wrestling is not a "real" sport but staged entertainment.

No comments: