Sunday, November 4, 2007

Car Wash

I had the 4Runner washed today. I'm not sure when it was washed last; I've been hosing it off every couple of weeks to rinse off dust and dirt. It was especially dirty today since it was parked uncovered during the SoCal fires the past two weeks. My sister is coming Friday for cousin Diana's wedding and borrowing the 4Runner (can't fit 3 in the Z) so I thought I'd get it cleaned up a bit.


Same place I took the Z to get washed the day before the SoCal fires

Since I didn't have a coupon (everyone else seemed to have one), they charged me $12.99 to wash the 4Runner. It was $1 extra for a SUV. The guy that dried my car looked like he was 60+ years old so I gave him a $2 tip.

Anyhow, the car looks a lot prettier after the wash. I remember when we bought the car in 1999 (it was a wedding gift from the in-laws), Shirley wanted the blueish-purple color. We went to 4 or 5 Toyota dealers before we found one; everyone had either white, silver, or black. I think the paint color is officially called Autumn Sunset instead of simply blue or purple. However, nothing beats the 1980 Datsun 810 station wagon I drove during college. The Nissan brochure listed the color as Creamy Apricot but I thought it was closer to peach. What an ugly color for a car. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall the color of your car being "puke peach"

totochi said...

I need to find a photo...