Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wind Symphony Rehearsal

Irvine Valley College cancelled classes yesterday due to the wildfires but we still had to attend rehearsal. Grand opening concert for the new performing arts center is next Tuesday and I don't think we're 100% ready, especially me. We have another rehearsal this Saturday to go over the physical transition between the choir and the wind symphony. Then there's one more rehearsal Monday night with 50 trumpets for a trumpet fanfare piece.

We did get to rehearse in the new hall however. The actual main stage is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. The building itself is pretty big, much bigger than the Irvine Barclay Theater but there are a lot more rooms at the side and back. The wind symphony barely fits onstage and there are very few seats in the audience. The rehearsal was three hours long; when I got back to my car in the parking lot, there was a new layer of ash.

No comments: