Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lease Renewal

I renewed my apartment lease today. I'm now paying $1350 for a small one-bedroom apartment. Sigh... my previous mortgage was only about $1600. This also means that I moved out of "our" house about a year ago.


This was one of the last pictures I took at the house; I'm sitting in what used to be the bedroom we used as an office. By this time, everything has been moved out or thrown away, and the house was empty. I remember spending a whole week painting the two smaller bedrooms when we bought the house in 2003. It took forever to tape all the edges and paint the corners.

I was really sad that day, sitting alone in an empty house, a half-million dollar reminder that the life I had was over. I didn't know it at the time, but now I miss the convenience of having an attached garage, our own washer/dryer, the nice carpet we put in, but mostly the feeling of being home.

No comments: