Saturday, April 29, 2006

Goodbye, house

I went back to the house in Brea again today to unlock the door for the buyer's appraiser. The appraisal only took 10 minutes but I was there for several hours since I was doing laundry as well. While waiting, I went and bought some stuff at Home Depot and washed the 4Runner. I think this is the last time I will check up on the house and do laundry (I just need to dispose of Kevin's mattress somehow). My parents are coming next week and then we're headed off to Taiwan. Hopefully escrow will close before I get back.

I sat for about 10 minutes in the empty room we used as an office. I remember spending an entire weekend plus a few nights just to paint the walls of the office and the guest room when we first bought the house. Now the room looks the same as it did three years ago except the carpet is blue instead of green. As I sat there, I felt a deep sadness... it's as if we never lived there. The only evidence that someone lived there are the indentations in the carpet from our furniture.



Sometimes I feel the past 6+ years was nothing but a dream. I would now occasionally wake up in the morning confused, wondering where I was [strange apartment] or whether I was really married for so long. Maybe this "life" now is a dream and I'll wake up any minute now...

1 comment:

kevin said...

hey man, hang in there. feel free to sell the mattress if anyone wants it, for some extra cash...