Sunday, May 15, 2005

Fingerprinting

I went to get fingerprinted on Thursday for my U.S. Citizenship application. I got there at 11:45pm and essentially sat for 45 minutes waiting for my number to be called. I'm not sure how they scheduled but no one got called for a long time. The whole process only takes 3 minutes and there were only 10 people in front of me. You'd figure with 4 machines, I wouldn't have to wait that long.

Also, the fingerprints were taken with a scanning machine. I did one of these about 4 years ago when we applied to be respit foster parents. It kind of defeats the purpose if you have to get re-fingerprinted each time even though the results are stored electronically. I think INS just wants my $70 fingerprinting fee.

At the same time, I'm trying to renew my Canadian passport so I can travel to Asia in June.

No comments: