Thursday, March 10, 2005

Treo 600

It took the helpdesk tech 4 hours but I got a new Treo 600 and so far it seems to work fine. He even transferred all my PalmOS applications to the new phone so I don't have to reinstall everything.

Oh, in case you don't know what is a Treo, it's basically a cell phone plus a PalmOS PDA with a built-in camera. The cool part is that it syncs with my Exchange accout at work so I can receive emails and access my calendar from anywhere. They are, however, quite large...



==========

My Treo 600 that I got from work started acting up a couple of days ago. Ever since I got it late last year, it had a habit of crashing on me, which is really interesting when you're on a phone call since you can't even hang up. Anwyay, the Treo is not answering phone calls consistently. Yesterday, I only received one phone call but I had 5 voicemails and there was nothing in the missed call log.

Helpdesk has my phone now. I was waiting around for the tech to replace the unit but the "new" one failed as he was transferring my info from one phone to the other. Now I'm wondering if I can get them to replace my 600 with a 650. I don't think it's any more reliable but at least it has a built in MP3 player.

No comments: