Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Morning Commute

My parents are in LA again to get fingerprinted for their U.S. naturalization application; they were just here at the beginning of January. Since I get all their mail, I had to deliver the INS documents to my uncle's house in Arcadia this morning. I left at 7:20am from home and it took me about an hour and 10 minutes to get there (Yahoo! maps said 26 miles and 35 minutes). Then I had to turn around and drive to work which took another hour.

We moved to the U.S. from Canada about 20 years ago. Since my sister also applied for U.S. citizenship, I'm the only one that has not applied. I've actually filled out the application last year but I still need to get some pictures taken and write a check for $390. I guess I'd better do it soon before they raise the price again.

No comments: