Sunday, April 6, 2014

K-pop Girl Group, Chinese Style

LOL WUT?

I saw this from an article from chinaSMACK. Cute(-ish) girls in skimpy clothing? Check. Weird dance choreography? Check. Repetitive yet nausea-inducing music and lyrics? Check. Except for the KonglishChinglish, this is just like a K-pop girl group MV.


好乐Day - Wang Rong (王蓉)

Way too much English in the lyrics. Seems like they inserted English words and phrases at random. One of the cS comments said 外国人听不懂,中国大妈听不明白,这是只属于我们这代的语言,Chinglish (Foreigners can't understand this, Chinese aunties can't comprehend this, this is our generation's language: Chinglish). I doubt many young Chinese people can understand this either.

The quality lyrics remind me of another song:


Friday - Rebecca Black

I listen to a lot of K-pop without understanding any of the lyrics. I cringe when listening to either of the above songs since I can understand English and Chinese (most of the time). Is this true for Koreans when they listen to or watch MVs from Orange Caramel or Crayon Pop?


까탈레나 (Catallena) - Orange Caramel

No comments: