Saturday, May 4, 2013

Confucius Quote?

I have a friend on Facebook that posts a lot of "motivational" quotes. Usually I just ignore it in my news feed but this caught my attention:



Confucius, eh? If that's a real quote, I should be able to find the original in Chinese, no? After searching the web for an hour, and reading through several translations of The Analects, I could not find anything. The "quote" is listed at hundreds of sites but none referred to a source text.

Next time I have a truly random thought, I'll use a pretty font and put "Confucius" after it to make it more meaningful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure any job back then was fun except if you were the emperor. i don't think those guys building the great wall actually chose that position. they were volunteered to work to death.

hogsman said...

not to mention being one of the eunuchs