Thursday, April 18, 2013

Integrity

This seems so petty but I found out that a co-worker is parking in a handicapped spot with someone else's permit. He is not disabled. I think the permit came from another co-worker that recently had surgery but no longer needs the permit.

For some reason, this bothers me a lot. It "feels" like all the corruption stories I hear in China about the military license plates and crap like that. Not sure if it's a real Chinese idiom but my mom always told me 從小事看大事, which literally means you can see big things from small things. If he's willing to cheat on a parking permit, how will I trust him with insider financial information or salary data?

Did I mention he works for me? Sigh...
Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

-Luke 16:10, NIV

1 comment:

hogsman said...

sounds like you'll need to keep an eye on him