Monday, December 5, 2011

Telemarketing Scam?

I've been getting a lot of calls from a phone number in Arizona: 602-358-0068. After doing a Google search, I came up with this website (Coalition For Energy Savings). I finally answered a call from them today and they were trying to get more info on my utility spending. The lead-in was that they can save me 50% on my bills but then they ask how much I spend on electricity and gas. Anyway, it appears their goal is to send contractors to your house to sell you energy efficiency additions to your house. From their website:
OUR MISSION

At CES, we work hand in hand with local, certified, and licensed contractors to analyze the energy efficiency of your home, which then allows them to custom design a whole home energy efficiency package to reduce consumption---thus saving you money. These licensed and certified contractors will help you every step of the way in accessing government funds and rebate programs to allow you to enjoy these products and technologies and save money every month on your utility bills.

If they can get you government grants and rebates, that may not be a bad thing. However, they have a "Stories" page on their website with 2 testimonials. The included photos looked too professional so I did a Google image search... yup, stock photography! I told the caller that I was at work and to call later. After seeing the fake photos, there's no way I'm picking up any more calls from them.

1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.