Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Delivery status not updated

My latest Amazon order was shipped in two parts via USPS. On their "Track & Confirm" page, I entered the tracking numbers and both said "Delivery status not updated" from last night. Both packages were previously show as "Out for delivery". I asked my dad, who was a mail carrier and clerk in the USPS for many years, and he said that the regular carrier also delivered small packages. It's weird that the packages are out for delivery yet we did not receive anything, even though first class letter mail was delivered as normal.

I hope this is not part of some cost saving initiative to skimp on package tracking. UPS and FedEx do a much better job of tracking their packages.


Federal Way, WA is not that far from California. I think this would have taken only two days via UPS ground.

No comments: